From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Free
BSD
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 5:03 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] Enable LDAP Authenication

Nadeem Ahmad wrote:
> Hi
>

> We are running  <http://otrs.org/> OTRS 2.3.3 , we need enable LDAP
> authentication in this. How ca I do this. What peral module is required
for
> this? What will happen it LDAP server is not available.

Dear Nadeem

You already have the perl (I am supposing that is what you meant) module

Nothing will happen if you don't have any LDAP server. I mean, not in
that sense that all hell breaks loose. But if you *need* to enable LDAP
authentication, then you *must* have an LDAP server to authenticate
against. For example, if you say that you need Active Directory
Authentication, but then don't have any AD -- doesn't make much sense,
does it?

You can also use a mysql backend -- which should be fairly easy to set
up, but you will need to recreate the user/agent groups.

Hope this helps.