I don't know if this is the case for everyone but my system messages show up in
my system log.  When I log in, these show up:

Feb  9 19:44:12 odb OTRS-CGI-10[1902]:
[Notice][Kernel::System::Auth::LDAP::Auth] User: tyuhas
(uid=tyuhas,ou=xxxx,dc=xxxx,dc=xxxx,dc=xxxx,dc=xxxx) authentication ok
(REMOTE_ADDR: 11.111.111.111).
Feb  9 19:44:12 odb OTRS-CGI-10[1902]:
[Notice][Kernel::System::User::UserUpdate] User: 'tyuhas' updated successfully
(1)!
Feb  9 19:44:12 odb OTRS-CGI-10[1902]:
[Notice][Kernel::System::User::SetPassword] User: 'tyuhas' changed password
successfully!

A failed message will show up if I enter a bad password. I think what I need to
do is crank up the log level but I haven't had any luck so far finding where
that needs to be done.

Quoting Ken Tang <kent...@berkeley.edu>:

A blank page *might* be some kind of PHP error or syntax.  Can you tail
-f your PHP log to see what shows up when accessing the login page?

Terrill Yuhas wrote:
Hi,

We've been running 2.3.3 installed via rpm. We hadn't modified the core files so I didn't expect the upgrade to 2.3.4 (also using the rpm) to cause any real issue like moving from 2.2.x to 2.3.x. Now when logging in at either the customer or agent interface, the result is a blank page. The log shows successful authentication and I can't find any errors in the log.

A few months back on the list someone had a similar issue but they were going from 2.2.x to 2.3.x. They mentioned using the older AuthSession.pm file from 2.2.x. I tried that and interestingly, the customer interface started to work again but no luck with the agent side. In that thread they mentioned the root cause is something was different with the Config.pm file format and the best action is to rebuild it. I have no problem with doing that except I don't know what I'm trying to avoid when I rebuild the file.

Thanks for any help!!

Terrill