Hi Roman,

The [PostMaster Filter] is the best option available, before starting to
do complicated things.
The simpelest is similar like we have in use (one of our partners send
tickets as '##1234##'):

Wildcard matching with regexp like features is necessary, probably need
some testing.
The [***] as result is what you then need.

Add Postmaster filter:

Match
Header 1: Subject, Value: ##([0-9]{3,6})##
Header 2: From, value: EMAILADDRESS:serv...@someorganisation.inc

Set:
Header 1: X-OTRS-TicketKey1, Value: CustomerReference
Header 2: X-OTRS-TicketValue1, Value: [***]
Header 3: X-OTRS-Queue, Value: <SOMEORG queue>

Further more you have options available like, let the other party send
to a special e-mail address, have them send their ticket ID in a (OTRS)
header variable, filter form fixed values in the body etc. etc.

gr,
Frans
Of