Hello,

I seem to have the exact same problem that Andrew has. I am running a test copy of my producton otrs on Ubuntu. I tested the upgrade from 2.2 -> 2.3.4 -> 2.4.1 on my test system and had the same issue.

Going to 2.3.4 was without errors or problems (Well, permission problems on a folder called Files, nothing major thing).

Then the 2.4.1 upgrade. I normally rename my existing otrs folder to something, then rename the new version to otrs, then copy the Config.pm and the GenericAgent.pm into place. Then I did the first database update and got this:

ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 90: Duplicate column name 'phone'

I checked the sql file and after line 90 are multiple ALTER statements, and I guess because of the "-f" when I executed "flag that they were executed even so line 90 wasn't (some phone coloum gets renamed there I guess).

Then I started the migration script as otrs user. It complaint about permissions so I ran the Setpermission.pl script. Then it complaints about:

Need Ticket::ViewableStateType in Kernel/Config.pm!

I searched and found a line I can put into my Config.pm. Then it complaint about:

Need Ticket::UnlockStateType in Kernel/Config.pm!

Found it on google and added it to Config.pm. Then it complaint about:

No Config entry "Ticket::ViewableLocks"! at /usr/share/otrs/Kernel/ System/Lock.pm line 94.

and the last one was this:

Got no ArticleDir! at /usr/share/otrs/Kernel/System/Ticket/ ArticleStorageDB.pm line 27.

With those 4 lines as Andrew described in the Config.pm the migration script finished:

Start migration of the system...

NOTICE: Rebuild config...  done.
NOTICE: Clean up old cache files...  done.
NOTICE: Migrate queue based customer notifications...  done.

Migration of the system completed!

After that I ran the post mysql script with no problem and after adjusting my apache2-perl-startup.pl file (I run otrs in /var/share/ orts).

I also get the error message when I click on the Ticket icon:

Software error:
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/share/ otrs//Kernel/Modules/AgentTicketQueue.pm line 237.
This was my demo system, so I am in no pain, but hesitant to upgrade my production system to 2.4.1.
Any help or idea what went wrong would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
- Swen