Leonardo Certuche wrote:
Hi Mauricio,

What user is the cronjob associated with? I once have that same issue and moving the cronjobs to the root user solved it.

It seems /etc/cron.d/otrs is a link to /etc/otrs/cron, which is owned by root:root.

As a test, I created a cronjob file called ping,

# ls -lh /etc/cron.d/ping
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43 2009-08-04 13:24 /etc/cron.d/ping
# cat /etc/cron.d/ping
*/05 * * * * raub echo "ping" >> /tmp/pong
# ls -l /tmp/pong
-rw-r--r-- 1 raub raub 10 2009-08-04 13:30 /tmp/pong
# cat /tmp/pong
ping
ping
ping
#

And it seems to have no problems running on the same machine. So, I guess there may be something funky in /etc/cron.d/otrs. FYI, the line to run PostMasterMailbox.pl in that file was modified from

*/10 * * * * $HOME/bin/PostMasterMailbox.pl >> /dev/null

*/05 * * * * $HOME/bin/PostMasterMailbox.pl >> /tmp/otrs

so it would hopefully run every 5 minutes and write something in /tmp/otrs. That is the only change I have made to /etc/otrs/cron from the version that was installed by ubuntu. So far that file is still empty and mail still sits on the inbox.

The postmaster info is stored in the mail_account table of the database

        Cool. Thanks.

About notifying customers on ticket creation, try /otrs/index.pl?Action=AdminAutoResponse using the autoreply type, you can even send the ticket number to the client so he can keep track of it.

Greetings,

Leonardo Certuche
301 284 6250
460 0727 ext 5559