Hi Alan,

As LQ has mentioned, test that SMTP is working, when I came acorss problems
with my OTRS i sent an "Admin Notification" out from OTRS to ensure that it
can actually send e-mails out.

Also check your log file for any interesting comments, they can help point
you in the right direction, or simply post the contents on here and we'll
have a look.

Are the e-mails going to external e-mail accounts (ie across the Internet?)
Check to see no mail filters are blocking such mails.

David