It is the only way. You have to hand-edit the first line and correct the route of perl.

Al the shells (sh/ksh/bash/csh), search for the first line to check if it begins with the magic word: #!

If it begins with #!string then execute: string file. It is the way of working of scripts in unix.

Best regards