Hi Michel,

Thanks for the response! That is exactly what I am looking for.
Unfortunately I'm still running into a few issues though. I have the new
fields in the AdminUserForm.dtl. I have modified the sub UserUpdate and
sub UserAdd in User.pm.

It seems like I am missing a modification somewhere though. The Param
variable coming into UserUpdate has all of the preferences (with the
exception of the two I've added). Do you have any idea where this param
map gets created/are modifications required there? The variables I'm
setting in AdminUserForm are being set as follows:

value="$QData{"UserPhoneNumber"}" size="10" maxlength="10"/></td>

Also, last time I tried replying to a message it was not attached to my
original thread. I feel stupid for not being able to figure this out but
I am just responding by clicking your email in the top of my page...
doing something wrong?

Again, any help you can give me is much appreciated. You have already
saved me a lot of time by pointing me in the User.pm direction.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Depending on what you'd need to achieve, it might be easiest to store

the phone number in the agent's preferences. It would be an easier

feat to add a preference value, than to add an actual user (agent)

attribute. The last would need an API and database change.

You said you 'modified the html' - I take it that you've modified the

AdminUserForm.dtl template; that's a first step, and that's good.

Second and third steps would be to add the field to the actual

database, for instance via mysql or so, and the adding of the field to

the backend API in Kernel/System/User.pm

I hope this helps,

((enjoy))

-

Michiel Beijen