Hi Annih,

Maybe I can shed some light in the darkness here.
First of all; you're talking about a box with 500MB of memory. That's
not all that much, actually, nowadays. Especially if you would run
other services such as MySQL and maybe Postfix on the same box as
well. Even for small sites I guess 2 GB would not hurt!

Secondly: if you would use mod_perl what Apache would do on startup is
to compile all modules to bytecode so it can handle incoming requests
quickly. It's similar to what Java Servlet Engines such as Tomcat
would do. This is great, but it takes some time. In your case minutes;
on a box with 1GB and not too bad memory situation it's more like
10-15 seconds.

((enjoy))

Michiel Beijen
R&D

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Germany

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com/

Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, Commercial
register: 10751, Tax ID: 003 240
97505 Chairman of the Board: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André
Mindermann (CEO), Martin Edenhofer

CU@ CeBIT 2010 in Hannover (Germany) and get to know more about OTRS
at booth no. C37, in hall 2 from March 2-6, 2010! http://bit.ly/7uyQfY