From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Michiel
Beijen
Sent: 28 May 2010 15:07
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] "new ticket" button [was: Additional DropdownsonCustomer
Interface]

Hi Louis,

While your approach WORKS, you really should not have touched the XML
file - this will be replaced when you upgrade OTRS. Instead, you can
use Admin > SysConfig via the GUI to do the updates. This way (a) you
don't have to mess with XML file hacking and (b) your changes are
nicely preserved if you upgrade.

((enjoy))

Michiel Beijen
R&D

Follow me on Twitter: @otrsnl [https://twitter.com/otrsnl]

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str. 1
61352 Bad Homburg
GERMANY

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com

Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, HRB 10751,
VAT ID: DE256610065
Chairman: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André Mindermann

GET OTRS::ITSM 2.0 NOW - including the brand new change management
module! It´s the only ITIL® V3 compatible open-source IT Service
Management solution certified by PinkVERIFY worldwide! -
http://bit.ly/dv4CJF