From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of
Bannard, Derek
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 7:44 AM
To: 'otrs@otrs.org'
Subject: [otrs] OTRS 2.4 Auto Response Limit

Is there a way to limit the number or auto responses that are sent out
to the same e-mail address within a certain time period?

How would I combat the described below issue?

Here's my situation;

Company A sends us a monthly notification e-mail to our OTRS inbox
notifying us of an update to their software.

Our OTRS send back a message to their reply address indicating a ticket
has been created.

So far so good...

Company A's auto responder now sends back a message saying they have
received our e-mail, and it will be processed.  This is a generic
e-mail, containing none of the e-mail we sent to them through the OTRS
auto responder, so no ticket number.

Our OTRS now sees this as a new incident, creates and new ticket and
replies back.

Now the loop begins in earnest.   (Wash, rinse, repeat...)

Derek Bannard   [MCP, MCDST]

Analyst, Information Technology

Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC

Direct:

403/513-8707

Cell:

403/510-9609

Fax:

403/266-0639

Web:

http://www.niskapartners.com

Mailing Address:

400 - 607 8th Ave SW

Calgary, AB T2P 0A7

________________________________

The information transmitted in this e-mail and attachments is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential
and/or proprietary material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking any action in reliance on, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
The foregoing message contains information that may be legally
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected by law from
disclosure, and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivery of it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
is error, please immediately notify us by telephone at 403.513.8600 and
delete the message.
Thank you.

<<image001.gif>>