The only way to accomplish this would be to edit the CustomerTicketZoom.pm
in order to add the code necessary to generate the select (dropdown) menus
and what is necessary to submit them.

I've done something similar on the Agent's side, by creating an iFrame
within AgentTicketZoom which encapsulates the dropdown menu's of
AgentTicketFreeText. I'd be interested in your progress if you intend to
start modifying CustomerTicketZoom.pm.

Lukasz Hadyna