Am 01.11.2010 14:05, schrieb Hiren Joshi:
Hi,

If I have a static stats module in /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Stats/Static,
can I pass in a custom parameter via the command line?

I call them using:
/opt/otrs/bin/mkStats.pl -n 10000 -r josh -m "Stats", how can I adapt a
module to take a new parameter?

I know I can use -p to pass a param string (eg User=josh) but what do I
need to add to the Param sub to make use of it?
I haven't used the command line script myself, but here is what I think:

When you want to run the static statistic only via the command line, then you don't need to change anything in the Param sub. This sub is only used for setting up the statistic input page in the OTRS webinterface.
The webinterface needs to know which input fields are presented to the user.

When you pass '-p User=josh' on the command line the new parameter will be passed to the Run method of the static statistic.

Hope that helps,
   Bernhard

Thanks,

Josh.