On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 01:24:14PM -0600, David Boyes wrote:

> The problem is that the currently available packages for installing OTRS
> from the distributors (RH, Debian, etc) are either 1) ancient (2.4.2 for
> RH), or 2) broken (Debian) in that they use a path naming structure that
> breaks the use of the OTRS package manager (even after doing the stupid
> hack in the README.Debian to allow the package manager to work at all --
> and yes, I filed a bug report with the Debian packager). At the moment,
> you pretty much have to build from source to get a working OTRS system.

FWIW, I'm working on a new Fedora package (in fact, I'm using OTRS 3
already in a pilot system using my own package), which should also
work for RHEL6 (and CentOS etc.) in the future (but if RHEL+EPEL has
all Perl deps I do not know yet).  I started with the old (Fedora 7)
package, but that was completely crap.

It still has to be improved a lot.  Unfortunately, OTRS' way of installing
various kinds of files in one tree (sometimes even in one directory) does
not make proper packaging (i.e. complying to FHS etc.) an easy job.

--
--    Jos Vos <j...@xos.nl>