see 3.2.5. Setting up the cron jobs for OTRS
http://doc.otrs.org/2.1/en/html/x325.html

The cronjob is called :postmaster_pop3  it calls the script  PostMasterPOP3.pl
please check that your crontab is executing that, please check your
log files. I dont know the details of your setup,
but we have a var/cron here. Try to execute the script yourself with
the same user that your have setup (otrs/wwwdata etc)

Also see the sysconfig settings for Core::PostMaster, there are issues
with large mails for example.

Make sure the lock file, the pid file is not locked.
see : http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs/2007-May/018898.html
look in the log file for messages like
''[Kernel::System::PID::PIDCreate] Can't create PID PostMasterPOP3,
because it's already running'''

Let me know what the results are,
mike

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 7:09 AM, Suraj Rathod
<suraj.rat...@solutionenterprises.co.in> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> OTRS suddenly stopped auto fetching of mails from pop3 account. I need to
> manually click over "Fetch mail" from Admin panel. Previously it was
> fetching the mails by its own but few days back after a reboot, OTRS is
> unable to perform the default functionality. Mails sent to the associated
> mail account are getting delivered properly to the mailbox. Any guidance?
>
> --Suraj

James Michael DuPont
Custom Engineering/Research & Development

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Straße 1
D-61352 Bad Homburg

T: +49 (0) 9421 56818 0
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818 18
I: http://www.otrs.com/

Geschäftssitz: Bad Homburg, Amtsgericht Bad Homburg, HRB 10751,
USt-Nr.: DE256610065
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Burchard Steinbild, Vorstand: André
Mindermann (Vorsitzender), Christopher Kuhn