Hi Chris,

On 09.03.2012, at 13:22, Chris Arnold wrote:

> I modify the existing default reply (after new ticket has been created). Type
> is auto reply. I then go into auto responses<->queues. I am a little confused
> here, on what to click, so i click the queue and Change "auto reply" settings
> to default reply (after new ticket has been created) and click update.

Thats should be all you have to do if the “default reply (after new ticket has
been created)” is still set to “valid".

> I then click on the default auto response, there is nothing to change in here
> as this is the default auto response, right?

It is one of the “auto reply” emails, yes. You can define your own ones if you
like.

> Then i send an email to the email address and i can see the ticket created
> but no auto response to that email i sent. The last log in otrs is at Thu Mar
> 8 21:17:22 2012 EST. I don't see any errors on the mail server and no errors
> on the web server which is running otrs.

Are you sure that the ticket is created in the right queue where you assigned
the auto-response to?

Try to create ticket by yourself using the phone ticket screen and create the
ticket in the queue where you assigned the auto-response to. Do you get a
auto-response then to the customer (probably you) that you defined on the
ticket? Make sure the assigned customer has a valid (syntactically) email
address.

Cheers, Nils
--
http://webint.cryptonode.de / a Fractal project