From: Outages <outages-boun...@outages.org> On Behalf Of Rusty Dekema via
Outages
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 12:01
To: Jordan Morris <jmor...@crosswindvoip.com>
Cc: outages@outages.org
Subject: Re: [outages] Comcast Issues Central & East

It is unclear to me whether this is related, but my Comcast "business"
(DOCSIS) line in southeast Michigan went completely down around 10:43 a.m.,
Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4) this morning.

Comcast's website said that this was a known outage and gave an estimated
restoration time of approximately three hours.

In reality, the service came back up around 10:55 a.m.

During the outage, the route to my /28 seemed to have been withdrawn from
Comcast's internal network; traceroutes toward it from the Chicago area died
within Comcast's network in the Chicago area. I was not physically present at
the premises, so I was unable to determine whether this was a local / layer 1 /
physical plant problem, or part of a wider problem.

-Rusty