OpenBSD src changes summary for 2017-07-23 to 2017-07-30 inclusive

bin/csh                                 bin/ksh
bin/test                                distrib/alpha
distrib/amd64                           distrib/arm64
distrib/armv7                           distrib/common
distrib/hppa                            distrib/i386
distrib/luna88k                         distrib/macppc
distrib/miniroot                        distrib/ramdisk
distrib/sets                            distrib/sgi
distrib/socppc                          distrib/sparc64
distrib/special                         etc/netstart
gnu                                     gnu/lib/libiberty
gnu/lib/libreadline                     gnu/lib/libstdc++-v3
gnu/usr.bin/binutils                    gnu/usr.bin/cc
gnu/usr.bin/clang                       gnu/usr.bin/gcc
gnu/usr.bin/perl                        lib/libc
lib/libedit                             lib/libexpat
lib/libform                             lib/librthread
lib/libssl                              libexec/ld.so
regress/lib                             regress/misc
regress/sbin                            regress/sys
regress/usr.bin                         regress/usr.sbin
sbin/dhclient                           sbin/fsdb
sbin/pflogd                             sbin/slaacd
share/man                               share/mk
sys/arch/alpha/stand/boot               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/stand
sys/arch/amd64/stand/efiboot            sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/arm64/conf                     sys/arch/arm64/stand/efiboot
sys/arch/armv7/armv7                    sys/arch/armv7/conf
sys/arch/armv7/stand/efiboot            sys/arch/hppa/stand
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/stand                     sys/arch/landisk/stand
sys/arch/loongson/include               sys/arch/luna88k/conf
sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k                sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/octeon/conf                    sys/arch/octeon/dev
sys/arch/octeon/include                 sys/arch/powerpc/include
sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc                sys/arch/sgi/include
sys/conf                                sys/ddb
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/fdt                             sys/dev/i2c
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/dev/wscons                          sys/kern
sys/miscfs/fifofs                       sys/net
sys/netinet                             sys/netinet6
sys/nfs                                 sys/sys
usr.bin/bgplg                           usr.bin/kdump
usr.bin/libtool                         usr.bin/make
usr.bin/mandoc                          usr.bin/netstat
usr.bin/newsyslog                       usr.bin/spell
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.bin/systat
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.bin/w
usr.bin/whois                           usr.sbin/amd
usr.sbin/apm                            usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/crunchgen                      usr.sbin/dvmrpctl
usr.sbin/dvmrpd                         usr.sbin/eigrpd
usr.sbin/ifstated                       usr.sbin/ldapd
usr.sbin/ldpd                           usr.sbin/mopd
usr.sbin/nsd                            usr.sbin/ospfd
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/relayd
usr.sbin/ripctl                         usr.sbin/ripd
usr.sbin/route6d                        usr.sbin/sensorsd
usr.sbin/smtpd                          usr.sbin/snmpd
usr.sbin/syspatch                       usr.sbin/tcpdump

== bin =============================================================== 01/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/bin

csh

  ~ csh.c                                 ~ file.c
  ~ func.c

  > Postpone printing of prompt if filec is enabled in csh. Any I/O should be
  > performed first when canonical mode has been disabled on the tty just like
  > ksh
  > does. Discovered by the regress tests.
  > Joint work with bluhm@, ok deraadt@ (anton@)

  ~ file.c

  > Align variables and put logical operators at EOL. No binary change.
  > (anton@)

ksh

  ~ history.c

  > Use memmove instead of a hand-rolled loop
  > A tad faster in my HISTFILE "benchmarks".  ok tb@ (jca@)

  ~ history.c

  > Prettify, simplify
  > Input & ok tb@ (jca@)

  ~ history.c

  > Fix off-by-one error introduced in the previous commit.
  > ok jca (tb@)

test

  ~ test.c

  > Add < and > to the comment describind the grammar.
  > Picked in a diff from Klemens Nanni (jca@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/distrib

alpha

  ~ bsd.rd/Makefile                       ~ common/Makefile.inc

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

  ~ common/install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

amd64

  ~ ramdiskA/Makefile.inc                 ~ ramdisk_cd/Makefile.inc

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

  ~ common/install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

arm64

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

armv7

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

common

  ~ elfrd_size.c                          ~ elfrdsetroot.h

  > Fix clang warnings in rdsetroot
  > ok deraadt@ (mortimer@)

hppa

  ~ install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

i386

  ~ common/Makefile.inc

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

  ~ common/install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

luna88k

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

macppc

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Finally remove backwards compat code to support the 'rtsol' keyword
  > in hostname.if(5)
  > OK mpi@ deraadt@ florian@
  > OK jmc@ from doc perspective (rpe@)

  ~ install.sub

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

ramdisk

  ~ Makefile

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

sets

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/comp/clang.arm64                ~ lists/comp/md.arm64

  > man pages into right file (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/comp/clang.amd64                ~ lists/comp/clang.i386

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (visa@)

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (zhuk@)

  ~ lists/base/md.amd64                   ~ lists/base/md.arm64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/comp/clang.amd64
  ~ lists/comp/clang.arm64                ~ lists/comp/clang.i386

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (visa@)

sgi

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

socppc

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

sparc64

  ~ bsd.rd/Makefile                       ~ ramdisk/Makefile
  ~ ramdiskB/Makefile

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

  ~ common/install.md

  > DEFAULTSETS, SANESETS and THESETS are set in the install.md scripts
  > according to the same logic for all architectures but sgi.
  > Consolidate setting them in one place in install.sub and incorporate
  > the sgi specific MDSETS and MDSANESETS.
  > Introduce MDSANESETS complementing MDSETS which makes the construction
  > of DEFAULTSETS, THESETS and SANESETS clearer in install.sub.
  > While here, adjust the comment about how MDSETS used now.
  > OK deraadt@ (rpe@)

special

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/etc

netstart

  ~ netstart

  > Finally remove backwards compat code to support the 'rtsol' keyword
  > in hostname.if(5)
  > OK mpi@ deraadt@ florian@
  > OK jmc@ from doc perspective (rpe@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/gnu

gnu

  ~ gcc/gcc/opts.c

  > Make gcc accept -Oz as an alias for -Os for compatibility with clang.
  > With clang -Os doesn't generate the smallest code possible but some middle
  > ground between optimization for speed and optimization for size.  A new -Oz
  > option was introduced for optmization for size only.  We need that for our
  > floppies, otherwise they overflow.  Making gcc accept -Oz too makes our
  > life
  > easier.
  > ok millert@, deraadt@, robert@ (kettenis@)

  ~ usr.bin/Makefile

  > ensure protoiize man pages installed in all cases (until we come
  > to a different decision later)
  > ok espie (deraadt@)

  ~ llvm/tools/clang/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp

  > push back -pie to the linker if -pie is specified to avoid an unused
  > argument
  > warning
  > ok kettenis@, deraadt@ (robert@)

  ~ llvm/tools/clang/include/clang/Sema/Sema.h
  ~ llvm/tools/clang/lib/Sema/SemaChecking.cpp
  ~ llvm/tools/clang/lib/Sema/SemaDeclAttr.cpp

  > teach clang about our syslog format attribute
  > ok deraadt@ (robert@)

  ~ llvm/tools/clang/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp

  > On OpenBSD disable the malloc/calloc/realloc/free/str*dup builtins, since
  > they can perform strange transforms and optimizations.  Some of those could
  > gain a slight advantage, but would avoid the variety of important runtime
  > checks our malloc(3) code does.  In essence, the transforms performed are
  > considered "anti-mitigation".
  > ok kettenis robert, discussions with others (deraadt@)

  ~ llvm/lib/Target/X86/MCTargetDesc/X86AsmBackend.cpp

  > Fix trapsleds on i386
  > ok deraadt@ (mortimer@)

  ~ llvm/tools/clang/include/clang/Basic/DiagnosticSemaKinds.td

  > Disable -Waddress-of-packed-member by default.
  > While these warnings have the potential to be useful, there are too manu
  > false positives right now.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

lib/libiberty

  ~ src/pex-common.c                      ~ src/pexecute.c
  + include/pex-protos.h

  > provide missing prototypes
  > this may actually result in bogus error messages, because int != char*
  > okay jca@ (espie@)

lib/libreadline

  ~ rldefs.h                              ~ rltty.c
  ~ savestring.c                          ~ terminal.c

  > fix warnings from missing headers.
  > okay deraadt@ (espie@)

lib/libstdc++-v3

  ~ Makefile.common

  > install gcc, g++ as gcc and g++ instead of cc, c++ and create links
  > to the latter on non-clang architectures and make sure we build gcc
  > with itself because clang won't be able to build it
  > ok naddy@ (robert@)

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ gdb/doc/Makefile.in

  > make warns about POST_INSTALL being empty.
  > other similar makefiles define POST_INSTALL = :
  > so even the GNU guys are aware this might be non standard.
  > fix it.
  > okay krw@ kettenis@ (espie@)

usr.bin/cc

  ~ Makefile.inc                          ~ c++/Makefile
  ~ cc/Makefile                           ~ libobjc/Makefile

  > install gcc, g++ as gcc and g++ instead of cc, c++ and create links
  > to the latter on non-clang architectures and make sure we build gcc
  > with itself because clang won't be able to build it
  > ok naddy@ (robert@)

  ~ Makefile

  > build cpp on gcc4 architectures only, as clang ships with its own
  > ok naddy@ (robert@)

usr.bin/clang

  ~ lld/Makefile

  > don't double install ld, some people have already been lost trying
  > to get out of these makefiles!
  > okay kettenis@ (espie@)

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/toplev.c

  > Implement -Oz as an alias for -Os here as well.
  > ok aoyama@ (kettenis@)

usr.bin/perl

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper1                 ~ Configure

  > get rid of flag clang doesn't grok (include -Werror in Configure, because
  > clang will not error out on unknown flags)
  > okay millert@, deraadt@ (espie@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib

libc

  ~ gdtoa/gethex.c                        ~ gdtoa/strtod.c
  ~ gdtoa/strtodg.c

  > Use stdrup, to avoid clang whining about the length parameters being
  > based upon input being used unsafely (they are safe)
  > ok millert kettenis (deraadt@)

libedit

  ~ refresh.c

  > Initialize "old" screen buffer lines before use; otherwise, they would
  > never get NUL-terminated and cause read buffer overruns.
  > This fixes for example segfaults in sftp(1) that could be triggered
  > by typing in an extremely long string (more than one line - the longer,
  > the likelier to crash), then hitting backspace once.
  > Problem reported and patch OK'ed by sthen@. (schwarze@)

libexpat

  ~ Makefile

  > Gcc3 does not have -fvisibility feature, so skip -fvisibility=hidden
  > flag when compiling with gcc3.
  > ok espie@ (aoyama@)

libform

  ~ frm_driver.c

  > change if ((a == b)) to if (a == b); silences noisy on-by-default
  > "equality comparison with extraneous parentheses
  > [-Wparentheses-equality]" clang warning.
  > OK deraadt, kettenis (florian@)

librthread

  ~ rthread.c                             ~ rthread_fork.c

  > bad things can (and will) happen if a threaded program calls fork() and
  > then strays off the path to exec(). one common manifestation of this
  > problem occurs in pthread_join(), so we can add a little check there.
  > first person to hit this in real life gets to change the error message.
  > (tedu@)

  ~ rthread_cond.c                        ~ rthread_mutex.c
  ~ rthread_rwlock.c                      ~ rthread_sync.c

  > Use memory barriers to prevent pointer use before initialization.
  > This work was sparked by the topic posted on hn by wuch. I am still not
  > sure that this fixes the defect he claims to have observed because I was
  > not able to create a proper regress test for it to manifest.
  > To that end, a proof of concept is more than welcomed!
  > Thank you for the report!
  > Discussed with and OK kettenis@, tedu@. (pirofti@)

  ~ rthread_cond.c                        ~ rthread_mutex.c
  ~ rthread_rwlock.c                      ~ rthread_sync.c

  > not all the world is an i386.  Back out breakage. (deraadt@)

  ~ rthread_fork.c

  > disable post fork checks for now, too much turbulence in the air (tedu@)

libssl

  ~ t1_lib.c

  > Hook the TLS extension parsing framework into the serverhello parsing.
  > Missed in the original commit. (jsing@)

  - t1_reneg.c                            ~ Makefile
  ~ ssl_locl.h                            ~ ssl_tlsext.c
  ~ ssl_tlsext.h                          ~ t1_lib.c

  > Rewrite the TLS Renegotiation Indication extension handling using CBB/CBS
  > and the new extension framework.
  > Feedback from doug@
  > ok inoguchi@ (jsing@)

  ~ ssl_tlsext.c                          ~ t1_lib.c

  > Rewrite and move the last remnants of the ServerHello SNI handling into
  > tlsext_sni_serverhello_parse(). This also adds a check to ensure that
  > if we have an existing session, the name matches what we specified via
  > SNI.
  > ok doug@ (jsing@)

  ~ man/SSL_CTX_use_certificate.3

  > as noted by Hanno Boeck, using the *check_private_key functions is
  > tricky, especially since the manpage is full of lies.
  > Try to make readers think twice before using them.
  > With oks and help from schwarze@, tedu@, sthen@, jmc@ (benno@)

== libexec =========================================================== 06/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/libexec

ld.so

  ~ malloc.c

  > from libc malloc: only access offset if canaries are enabled *and* size > 0
  > and initialize ->offset to a definite value in the size == 0 case (otto@)

== regress =========================================================== 07/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

lib

  ~ libssl/tlsext/tlsexttest.c

  > Add regress coverage for the TLS Renegotiation Indication extension.
  > (jsing@)

  ~ libssl/tlsext/tlsexttest.c

  > Extend the SNI tests to ensure that we have a hostname in the session
  > after a successful tlsext_sni_serverhello_parse() and that
  > tlsext_sni_clienthello_parse() fails if we have an existing session and
  > the SNI is mismatched. (jsing@)

  ~ libc/setjmp-signal/setjmp-signal.c

  > Mark the invalid memory location as volatile, otherwise clang would
  > optimize the access to it with an illegal instruction.  But the
  > tests needs a SIGSEGV, it would fail with SIGILL. (bluhm@)

  ~ libc/atexit/Makefile                  ~ libc/atexit/atexit_test.c
  ~ libc/cephes/ieetst.c                  ~ libc/cephes/mconf.h
  ~ libc/db/dbtest.c                      ~ libc/locale/Makefile
  ~ libc/locale/check_isw/Makefile        ~ libc/locale/check_isw/check_isw.c
  ~ libc/locale/mbrtowc/Makefile          ~ libc/locale/mbrtowc/test_mbrtowc.c
  ~ libc/locale/setlocale/Makefile        ~ libc/locale/wcrtomb/Makefile
  ~ libc/locale/wcrtomb/test_wcrtomb.c
  ~ libc/malloc/malloc_ulimit1/malloc_ulimit1.c
  ~ libc/malloc/malloc_ulimit2/malloc_ulimit2.c
  ~ libc/sprintf/Makefile                 ~ libc/telldir/utils.c
  ~ libc/vis/vis_test.c

  > Fix all clang warnings in libc regress and cleanup some make files.
  > (bluhm@)

  ~ libc/getaddrinfo/Makefile             ~ libc/getaddrinfo/answer

  > Sort expected getaddrinfo output in inet4 inet6 order, then the
  > test passes. (bluhm@)

  ~ libc/Makefile

  > Sort subdir, run getaddrinfo test, remove vax case. (bluhm@)

  ~ libpthread/fork/fork.c

  > repair regress for more aggressive post fork checking in library.
  > we should not be checking that things explicitly forbidden work.
  > prompted by bluhm (tedu@)

  ~ libpthread/fork/fork.c

  > Remove unused function and variable to shut up warning.  Put back
  > a status print that was lost in previous. (bluhm@)

misc

  ~ X11/blt/Makefile                      ~ X11/bltone/Makefile
  ~ X11/bltone/bltone.c

  > Use linker flags that build and run the test with gcc and clang.
  > Add missing #include to fix clang warning. (bluhm@)

sbin

  ~ route/Makefile

  > Work around for rttest8 that some times fail due to a reference count
  > race in the kernel. (mpi@)

sys

  ~ kern/extent/Makefile

  > Do not remove files from CVS tree during make clean. (bluhm@)

  ~ kern/fcntl_dup/fcntl_dup.c

  > fcntl(F_DUPFD) needs an argument.  Otherwise it fails with EINVAL
  > when compiled with clang. (bluhm@)

  ~ net/rtable/Makefile.inc               ~ net/rtable/kern_compat.h
  ~ net/rtable/srp_compat.h               ~ net/rtable/util.c
  ~ net/rtable/util.h

  > Compile and test MPATH code. (mpi@)

usr.bin

  ~ libtool/Makefile

  > Do not remove files from CVS tree during make clean. (bluhm@)

  - doas/t-fail-quotes.err                - doas/t-fail-quotes.out
  - doas/t-okay.err                       - doas/t-okay.out

  > Remove dynamically created files from CVS tree. (bluhm@)

  ~ ssh/test-exec.sh

  > Don't call fatal from stop_sshd since it calls cleanup which calls
  > stop_sshd
  > which will probably fail in the same way.  Instead, just bail.
  > Differentiate between sshd dying without cleanup and not shutting down.
  > (dtucker@)

  ~ mandoc/mdoc/Sh/before.in              ~ mandoc/mdoc/Sh/before.out_ascii
  ~ mandoc/mdoc/Sh/before.out_markdown    ~ mandoc/mdoc/Sh/subbefore.in
  ~ mandoc/mdoc/Sh/subbefore.out_ascii
  ~ mandoc/mdoc/Sh/subbefore.out_markdown

  > Do not test .Xr here.  It is not what this directory should focus on,
  > and it is causing too much trouble in -portable. (schwarze@)

  ~ mandoc/mdoc/Sh/subbefore.out_ascii
  ~ mandoc/mdoc/Sh/subbefore.out_markdown

  > fix date (schwarze@)

usr.sbin

  ~ ifstated/ifstated                     ~ ifstated/statemachine

  > Add shebang (jca@)

== sbin ============================================================== 08/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

dhclient

  ~ privsep.h                             ~ kroute.c

  > Cease pretending to support option 33 (classFULL static routes). They
  > are dead to the internet. And the current code actually creates /32
  > routes since kernel magic for classfull routes died a while ago.
  > ok phessler@ claudio@ reyk@ sthen@ (krw@)

  ~ kroute.c

  > Unify ROUNDUP macros for parsing route messages.
  > Use the macro from route(8) / ospf6d(8) since it works also with argument
  > 0.
  > OK claudio@ (friehm@)

  ~ dhclient.c

  > ROUNDUP() adjustment missed by great ROUNDUP() roundup. (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c                            ~ dhcpd.h
  ~ kroute.c

  > Move invocations of flush_routes() and delete_addresses() from
  > bind_lease() into set_routes() and set_address() respectively. (krw@)

  ~ bpf.c                                 ~ dhclient.c
  ~ dhcp.h                                ~ parse.c

  > Tweak some comments (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c                            ~ dhcpd.h
  ~ dispatch.c                            ~ kroute.c
  ~ privsep.h

  > Shuffle some declarations and functions into the only
  > files they are used in. Tweak a bunch of whitespace. (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c                            ~ dhcpd.h
  ~ kroute.c

  > Throw DHO_STATIC_ROUTES to the floor! Roughly! Ensure
  > they don't appear in effective leases at all. (krw@)

  ~ kroute.c

  > Fix add_default_route() so -iface routes are actually
  > created when gateway == interface address. (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c

  > Stray u_int16_t -> uint16_t. (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c

  > Local declaration beautification. (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c

  > Check the option length, not its address (which will never be NULL)
  > Spotted by clang, ok krw@ (jca@)

  ~ kroute.c                              ~ privsep.h

  > Fold add_direct_route(), add_default_route() and
  > add_classless_static_routes() into set_routes(). One
  > less layer of abstraction and all five add_route()
  > invocations now in one place.
  > Clearly comment the route(8) command equivalents for each
  > add_route() invocation. (krw@)

  ~ kroute.c

  > Kill extra whitespace that snuck in. (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c                            ~ dhcpd.h
  ~ kroute.c

  > Default routes supplied via DHO_CLASSLESS[_MS]_STATIC_ROUTES
  > should have the same add_route() logic applied to them as
  > the one supplied via DHO_ROUTERS. i.e. add the /32 route
  > if needed, create direct route if gateway address is the
  > same as interface address.
  > Simplify logic by using the canonical rtstatic[] version
  > of static routes created by lease_as_proposal(). (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c                            ~ dhcpd.h
  ~ kroute.c

  > Use effective_proposal data to set mtu and address. (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c                            ~ kroute.c
  ~ privsep.h

  > Use effective_proposal data to build resolv.conf contents.
  > Fix a missing != NULL, and add a comment on why no search
  > path and no dns servers means resolv.conf.tail is ignored. (krw@)

fsdb

  ~ fsdbutil.c

  > Remove erroneous h length modifier, the argument has type 'int'.
  > OK deraadt@ (fcambus@)

pflogd

  ~ pflogd.c

  > Don't hit pledge(2) restrictions on interface departure
  > if_exists() can't be used after dropping privileges, since it uses
  > socket(2) and ioctl(SIOCGIFDATA).  We're just trying to know whether an
  > interface exists, and if_nametoindex(3) is enough for that.
  > ok deraadt@ (jca@)

slaacd

  ~ frontend.c

  > Unify ROUNDUP macros for parsing route messages.
  > Use the macro from route(8) / ospf6d(8) since it works also with argument
  > 0.
  > OK claudio@ (friehm@)

  ~ slaacd.h

  > leftovers from newd (florian@)

== share ============================================================= 09/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

man

  ~ man3/tree.3

  > ansify (jca@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/pcxrtc.4

  > pcxrtc(4) (kettenis@)

  ~ man4/iic.4

  > add pcxrtc; (jmc@)

  ~ man8/rc.d.8

  > The -d flag prevents redirection of stdout (not stdin) and stderr
  > to /dev/null.
  > noticed by Matthew <chohag () jtan ! com> (tb@)

  ~ man4/man4.octeon/Makefile             + man4/man4.octeon/octsctl.4

  > man octsctl(4) (visa@)

  ~ man1/clang-local.1

  > Document that -Waddress-of-packed-member is disabled by default.
  > (kettenis@)

  ~ man1/clang-local.1

  > Document that builtins for certain malloc(3)-like and free(3)-like
  > functions are disabled. (kettenis@)

  ~ man4/man4.octeon/Makefile             + man4/man4.octeon/octcit.4

  > man octcit(4) (visa@)

mk

  ~ bsd.lib.mk

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

  ~ bsd.README

  > convert one more -Os -> -Oz (deraadt@)

  ~ bsd.own.mk

  > switch the default compiler on amd64 and i386 to clang,
  > but keep gcc4 in the build for these as well
  > ok deraadt@ (robert@)

== sys =============================================================== 10/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/alpha/stand/boot

  ~ Makefile

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ amd64errata.c                         ~ lapic.c
  ~ pmap.c

  > add some missing MULTIPROCESSOR ifdefs to not compile in code on
  > non-multiprocessor kernels to avoid unused function warnings by clang
  > (robert@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ Makefile.amd64

  > permit kernel building with clang as the base compiler; ok kettenis@
  > (naddy@)

  ~ Makefile.amd64

  > remove -Wa,-n from CMACHFLAGS as clang's internal assembler does not
  > support it
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

arch/amd64/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

arch/amd64/stand/efiboot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ efiboot.c

  > Fix off-by-one in return value of efi_device_path_depth().
  > ok patrick@ (kettenis@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ cpu.c

  > Print CPU type as we do on arm64.  This is how ARM prints revisions in its
  > documentation.
  > ok patrick@, tom@ (kettenis@)

arch/arm64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > Add a bcmaux(4) driver that handles clocks and interrupts for the
  > auxilliary UART.  Makes serial console work with newer device trees.
  > ok jsg@ (kettenis@)

arch/arm64/stand/efiboot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ efiboot.c

  > Port amd64's updates to the device path comparison to arm64 as well.
  > (patrick@)

  ~ conf.c                                ~ efiboot.c

  > Fix off-by-one in return value of efi_device_path_depth().
  > ok patrick@ (kettenis@)

arch/armv7/armv7

  ~ locore0.S

  > Replace CPWAIT with an isb instruction, which is the proper way to make
  > sure
  > CP15 updates are visible.  Also add an isb instruction before switching on
  > the MMU to make sure that all the MMU-related CP15 registers updates are
  > visible.
  > Makes booting on a Cortex-A12/A17 get a bit further.
  > ok drahn@, jsg@ (kettenis@)

  ~ locore0.S

  > The Cortex-A17 TRM explicitly says that there is an intermediate table
  > walk cache and that its cache entries are associated with an ASID.
  > Our armv7 pmap doesn't use ASIDs and we only ever insert "global" page
  > table entries which match (and get flushed) regardless of the ASID.
  > The current ASID is specified vy the CONTEXTIDR register, which is
  > initialized to some "unknown" value.  And on my hardware that value
  > isn't zero!  So the intermediate table walk cache entries are tagged
  > with this unknown value.  But our TLB flushes are done with ASID 0.
  > This means that the intermediate table walk cache entries are never
  > flushed because the ASID doesn't match.  As a result the hardware may
  > look at the wrong page table page when looking up a translation.
  > So initialize CONTEXTIDR to zero before we initialize the first
  > level page table pointer, flush the TLB and enable the MMU.  Fixes
  > the hangs previously seen on Cortex-A12/A17.
  > ok patrick@ (kettenis@)

arch/armv7/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > Add sxitwi(4), a driver for the (i2c compatible) two-wire bus found on
  > several Allwinner SoCs.  From Artturi Alm, based on code from NetBSD.
  > Also add axppmic(4), a driver for the AXP209 i2c PMIC, which provides
  > power down support.  Written by Artturi Alm. (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > Enable pcxrtc(4). (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > Add rkclock(4), rkgrf(4), rkpinctrl(4) and rkgpio(4).  This makes OpenBSD
  > run on the ASUS Tinker Board with working SD-card and (almost) working
  > network. (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > Enable dwdog(4) such that Rockchip RK3288 devices can reboot. (kettenis@)

arch/armv7/stand/efiboot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ efiboot.c

  > Port amd64's updates to the device path comparison to armv7.  Fixes
  > bootup on the i.MX6UL evaluation kit.
  > ok kettenis@ (patrick@)

  ~ conf.c                                ~ efiboot.c

  > Fix off-by-one in return value of efi_device_path_depth().
  > ok patrick@ (kettenis@)

arch/hppa/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ Makefile.i386

  > permit kernel building with clang as the base compiler; ok kettenis@
  > (naddy@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ amd64errata.c                         ~ lapic.c

  > add MULTIPROCESSOR guards around otherwise unused pieces to satisfy clang
  > ok deraadt@ kettenis@ (naddy@)

arch/i386/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

arch/landisk/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > change -Os to -Oz all around the tree
  > clang optimizes better for size with -Oz so use that as a default to avoid
  > overflowing the ramdisk floppies. gcc now accepts -Oz as an alias for -Os.
  > ok kettenis@ (robert@)

arch/loongson/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS per mips64 port. (visa@)

arch/luna88k/conf

  ~ Makefile.luna88k                      ~ files.luna88k

  > Splitting early startup code out of locore.S into locore0.S, like other
  > architectures.
  > "Looking good" deraadt@ (aoyama@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ locore.S                              + locore0.S

  > Splitting early startup code out of locore.S into locore0.S, like other
  > architectures.
  > "Looking good" deraadt@ (aoyama@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS per mips64 port. (visa@)

arch/octeon/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ files.octeon

  > rework octuctl and its children to attach via fdt
  > ok visa@ (jmatthew@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ files.octeon

  > Add a driver for the OCTEON SATA controller bridge.
  > OK deraadt@, jasper@, kettenis@ (visa@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ files.octeon

  > Add a driver for CIU3. Not quite finished yet, but good enough for now.
  > (visa@)

arch/octeon/dev

  ~ octehci.c                             ~ octeon_iobus.c
  ~ octohci.c                             ~ octuctl.c
  ~ octuctlreg.h                          ~ octuctlvar.h

  > rework octuctl and its children to attach via fdt
  > ok visa@ (jmatthew@)

  + octsctl.c

  > Add a driver for the OCTEON SATA controller bridge.
  > OK deraadt@, jasper@, kettenis@ (visa@)

  ~ octrtc.c

  > Replace a complex `if' condition with a list.
  > OK pirofti@ (visa@)

  ~ octrtc.c

  > There is no RTC on the E300 boards. (visa@)

  + octcit.c

  > Add a driver for CIU3. Not quite finished yet, but good enough for now.
  > (visa@)

arch/octeon/include

  ~ intr.h

  > Remove leftovers of a past softintr mechanism.
  > OK mpi@, kettenis@ (visa@)

  ~ intr.h

  > Add a workaround that allows the use of sys/dev/fdt code on octeon.
  > OK kettenis@ (visa@)

  ~ octeonvar.h

  > There is no RTC on the E300 boards. (visa@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS per mips64 port. (visa@)

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ octeonvar.h

  > Bump MAXCPUS on octeon. (visa@)

  ~ vmparam.h

  > Bump VM_PHYSSEG_MAX. (visa@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ intr.h

  > Remove leftovers of a past softintr mechanism.
  > OK mpi@, kettenis@ (visa@)

arch/powerpc/powerpc

  ~ softintr.c

  > Remove leftovers of a past softintr mechanism.
  > OK mpi@, kettenis@ (visa@)

arch/sgi/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Define MAXCPUS per mips64 port. (visa@)

conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files

  > Switch installer to Allotment Routing Table (ART).
  > Prompted by a bugreport by naddy that IPv6 autoconfiguration is broken
  > in the installer.
  > OK mpi, "go for it" deraadt (florian@)

ddb

  ~ db_structinfo.c

  > Goodbye, sys/dkbad.h, you lost your last friend when sparc was removed.
  > Spotted and diff provided by Andrey Bolkonskiy
  > <andrey0bolkon...@gmail.com>,
  > thanks!
  > okay deraadt@ (zhuk@)

dev

  ~ softraid.c

  > tweak malloc(9) flags: since that M_NOWAIT might return NULL hence it
  > doesnt make sense to use M_CANFAIL flag.
  > ok dlg jsing (gsoares@)

  ~ rnd.c

  > clang (and newer gcc at high -O) are unaware that objects placed in strange
  > sections, such as __attribute__((section(".openbsd.randomdata"))), may be
  > non-zero.  In combination with "const" or "static" the compiler becomes
  > even
  > more sure nothing can influence the object and assumes the value will be 0.
  > A few optimizations later, a security requirement has been removed.
  > Until a better annotation arrives in compilers, be warned:  Do not mix
  > const or static with these random objects, you won't get what you want.
  > Spotted in a regression test by bluhm, long discussion with kettenis.
  > (deraadt@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpibat.c

  > fallback on _BIF properly when _BIX exists and returns a package
  > successfully but has an unexpected length, as on the X1C gen 5
  > tested by naddy (jcs@)

dev/fdt

  ~ rkclock.c                             ~ rkclock_clocks.h

  > Add RK3288 support. (kettenis@)

  ~ dwmmc.c

  > Tweak timeouts a bit such that this works on the RK3288. (kettenis@)

  ~ rkclock.c                             ~ rkclock_clocks.h

  > Add a few more RK3288 clocks. (kettenis@)

  ~ rkgrf.c

  > RK3288 support. (kettenis@)

  ~ rkpinctrl.c

  > RK3288 support. (kettenis@)

  ~ if_dwge_fdt.c

  > RK3288 support. (kettenis@)

  ~ files.fdt                             + axp20x.c
  + sxitwi.c

  > Add sxitwi(4), a driver for the (i2c compatible) two-wire bus found on
  > several Allwinner SoCs.  From Artturi Alm, based on code from NetBSD.
  > Also add axppmic(4), a driver for the AXP209 i2c PMIC, which provides
  > power down support.  Written by Artturi Alm. (kettenis@)

  ~ axp20x.c

  > Add support for the AXP152 which has a shutdown control register that is
  > compatible with the AXP209.  Makes the Olimex A10s-OlinuXino-MICRO power
  > down properly. (kettenis@)

  ~ files.fdt                             + dwdog.c

  > Add dwdog(4), a driver for the Synopsys Designware watchdog timer
  > integrated
  > on (for example) the Rockchip RK3288 SoC. (kettenis@)

  ~ ahci_fdt.c

  > Add a driver for the OCTEON SATA controller bridge.
  > OK deraadt@, jasper@, kettenis@ (visa@)

  ~ files.fdt                             + bcm2835_aux.c

  > Add a bcmaux(4) driver that handles clocks and interrupts for the
  > auxilliary UART.  Makes serial console work with newer device trees.
  > ok jsg@ (kettenis@)

dev/i2c

  ~ imt.c

  > this is imt, not ims (jcs@)

  ~ files.i2c                             + pcf8563.c

  > pcxrtc(4), a driver for the NXP PCF8563 RTC.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/ic

  ~ uha.c

  > uha_init_mscp() is unused. (deraadt@)

dev/isa

  ~ if_ec.c                               ~ if_we.c

  > we_readmem() and ec_readmem() are inlined, but they can also be static.
  > (deraadt@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_iwm.c

  > Prevent a possible "MAC context already removed" panic in iwm_auth().
  > This panic happens if iwm_newstate_task() sleeps and wakes up after
  > iwm_stop().
  > The error path of iwm_newstate_task() attempts to reset driver flags and
  > firmware state, which should not be done if iwm_stop() has already done so.
  > A more comprehensive fix for such races is being worked on but not ready
  > yet.
  > For now, check the generation counter in the error path of iwm_auth() and
  > only clean up state if that counter hasn't changed.
  > Problem reported and workaround tested by giovanni@ (stsp@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > The LINK_STATE_IS_UP() macro considers LINK_STATE_UNKNOWN as up.
  > So the em(4) driver never got out of that state.  Better compare
  > the new link state value with the old one, like other drivers do.
  > bug report Matthias Pitzl; OK deraadt@ (bluhm@)

  ~ drm/i915/i915_gem.c

  > Initialize pools with correct sizes.
  > This was safe because `struct drm_i915_gem_object' is bigger than the
  > other two.
  > ok kettenis@ (mpi@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_uath.c

  > The read buffer size reported by the hardware can be up to 4095
  > bytes.  This would exceed the mbuf cluster size.  Use larger clusters
  > in this case.
  > bug report Ilja Van Sprundel; OK deraadt@ stsp@ (bluhm@)

  ~ if_smsc.c

  > Device trees for the Rasperry Pi are still in flux.  Catch up with the
  > latest ways to encode the MAC address for the onboard USB Ethernet.
  > ok visa@ (kettenis@)

  ~ usb.c

  > Remove useless conditional before free().
  > ok mpi@ (ians@)

  ~ xhci.c

  > Use memcpy instead of casts to copy 8 bytes of data to avoid unaligned
  > access.
  > ok visa@, mpi@, deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wstpad.c

  > Do not add plain edge areas as default.
  > Given how the Synaptics models report min/max coordinates, adding
  > "small" edge areas per default might consume too much space. (bru@)

  ~ wstpad.c

  > Use variable edge masks (again).
  > The properties of edge areas will be more consistent even though
  > in some cases the driver remains in the dark about the exact
  > coordinate limits. (bru@)

kern

  ~ sys_socket.c

  > Grab the socket lock in soo_ioctl() where `so_state', `so_rcv'
  > and `so_snd' are modified.
  > ok bluhm@, visa@ (mpi@)

  ~ uipc_socket.c                         ~ uipc_syscalls.c

  > Extend the scope of the socket lock to protect `so_state' in connect(2).
  > As a side effect, soconnect() and soconnect2() now expect a locked socket,
  > so update all the callers.
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

  ~ uipc_socket.c                         ~ uipc_socket2.c

  > Assert that the KERNEL_LOCK() is held prior to call csignal() and
  > selwakeup().
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

  ~ kern_pledge.c

  > Allow SIOCGIFDESCR with "route" promise in preparation for pledging snmpd.
  > ok deraadt@ benno@ (rob@)

  ~ vfs_getcwd.c

  > Add some sanity length checks in VFS directory scan.  This protects
  > us from bogus input from file systems like fuse.
  > bug report Ilja Van Sprundel; OK deraadt@ (bluhm@)

miscfs/fifofs

  ~ fifo_vnops.c

  > Extend the scope of the socket lock to protect `so_state' in connect(2).
  > As a side effect, soconnect() and soconnect2() now expect a locked socket,
  > so update all the callers.
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

net

  ~ fq_codel.c

  > Fixup free list handling in fqcodel_deq_begin
  > We're growing an mbuf free list while iterating over flow queues
  > and need to adjust our internal statistics on every iteration by
  > using a portion of the free list corresponding to the current
  > iteration. (mikeb@)

  ~ route.c                               ~ route.h
  ~ rtsock.c

  > rt_getifa() is only needed for routing commands submited by userland.
  > So rename it to rtm_getifa(), move it where it belongs and stop calling
  > it from rtrequest(9).  Route entries created by the kernel must always
  > specify the corresponding `ifa'.
  > ok claudio@ (mpi@)

  ~ if.c

  > Reduce NET_LOCK() contention by moving the linktstate and watchdog
  > tasks from `systq' to `softnettq'.
  > ok kettenis@, visa@ (mpi@)

  ~ hfsc.c

  > Don't attempt to deactivate a class that doesn't have any packets in it
  > Classes are considered "active" when they have packets assigned to them.
  > Active classes are tracked on various lists and during the purge operation
  > must be dissociated from them.  During factoring out of the HFSC internal
  > FIFO operations, the check for whether the class is empty got lost.
  > Issue reported and fix tested by abieber@ and myself. (mikeb@)

  ~ rtsock.c

  > Fix typo in comment, ok deraadt@ (anton@)

  ~ pfkeyv2.c

  > Consistantly use kp as the var name for struct keycb.
  > Suggested by and OK bluhm@ OK mpi@ (claudio@)

  ~ pipex_local.h

  > SEQ16_* macros weren't able to compare properly if one of the sequences is
  > wrapped around. Fix them to cast the proper width of integer when
  > comparison.  found goda@ (yasuoka@)

  ~ pf_ioctl.c

  > For pf the anchor is a C string so ensure that the value passed in via
  > ioctl
  > is correctly NUL terminated.
  > Reported by Ilja Van Sprundel
  > With and OK bluhm@ (claudio@)

  ~ route.c

  > Export RTAX_IFP, RTAX_IFA and RTAX_LABEL to userland in rtdeletemsg().
  > Reduce differences with rtm_miss().
  > ok claudio@, bluhm@ (mpi@)

  ~ rtsock.c                              ~ route.h
  ~ route.c

  > Add an error argument to rtm_send() instead of rerolling it inside
  > rtdeletemsg().
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

  ~ route.c                               ~ route.h
  ~ rtable.c                              ~ rtable.h
  ~ rtsock.c

  > Switch installer to Allotment Routing Table (ART).
  > Prompted by a bugreport by naddy that IPv6 autoconfiguration is broken
  > in the installer.
  > OK mpi, "go for it" deraadt (florian@)

  ~ route.c                               ~ route.h
  ~ rtable.c                              ~ rtsock.c

  > Enable mpath support in the Allotment Routing Table (ART) on the ramdisk.
  > OK mpi (florian@)

netinet

  ~ ip_divert.c

  > Grab the KERNEL_LOCK() before calling sorwakeup().
  > In the forwarding path, pf_test() is executed w/o KERNEL_LOCK() and
  > in case of divert end up calling sowakup().  However selwakup() and
  > csignal() are not yet ready to be executed w/o KERNEL_LOCK().
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

  ~ if_ether.c

  > Add an error argument to rtm_send() instead of rerolling it inside
  > rtdeletemsg().
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

  ~ if_ether.c

  > Switch installer to Allotment Routing Table (ART).
  > Prompted by a bugreport by naddy that IPv6 autoconfiguration is broken
  > in the installer.
  > OK mpi, "go for it" deraadt (florian@)

netinet6

  ~ ip6_divert.c

  > Grab the KERNEL_LOCK() before calling sorwakeup().
  > In the forwarding path, pf_test() is executed w/o KERNEL_LOCK() and
  > in case of divert end up calling sowakup().  However selwakup() and
  > csignal() are not yet ready to be executed w/o KERNEL_LOCK().
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

  ~ nd6_nbr.c

  > Add an error argument to rtm_send() instead of rerolling it inside
  > rtdeletemsg().
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_socket.c

  > Extend the scope of the socket lock to protect `so_state' in connect(2).
  > As a side effect, soconnect() and soconnect2() now expect a locked socket,
  > so update all the callers.
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

sys

  ~ systm.h

  > Stop doing an splsoftnet()/splx() dance inside the NET_LOCK().
  > This will allow us to not carry a returned value when entering a critical
  > section.
  > ok bluhm@, visa@ (mpi@)

  - dkbad.h                               ~ dkio.h

  > Goodbye, sys/dkbad.h, you lost your last friend when sparc was removed.
  > Spotted and diff provided by Andrey Bolkonskiy
  > <andrey0bolkon...@gmail.com>,
  > thanks!
  > okay deraadt@ (zhuk@)

  ~ tree.h

  > mark __inline functions which are not neccessarily used, with __unused.
  > ok espie florian kettenis (deraadt@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 11/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

bgplg

  ~ misc.c

  > An array is never NULL; pointed out by clang.
  > OK deraadt (florian@)

kdump

  ~ mkioctls

  > Goodbye, sys/dkbad.h, you lost your last friend when sparc was removed.
  > Spotted and diff provided by Andrey Bolkonskiy
  > <andrey0bolkon...@gmail.com>,
  > thanks!
  > okay deraadt@ (zhuk@)

libtool

  ~ LT/UList.pm

  > Fix SPLICE in LT::UList, allowing more ports to build.
  > Initial prodding and bulk builds by aja@. (zhuk@)

  ~ LT/Mode/Link.pm

  > Recognize '-weak' in our libtool, helps at least xine-lib to build.
  > okay aja@ (zhuk@)

make

  ~ arch.c                                ~ suff.c
  ~ memory.h

  > GC old cruft.
  > noticed and patch Michael W. Bombardieri (espie@)

  ~ engine.c

  > turn stupid message into a proper warning.
  > noticed by Michael W. Bombardieri
  > okay schwarze@ (espie@)

  ~ make.1

  > Remove outdated count of the number of available assignment operators.
  > While here, add a missing paragraph.
  > ok jmc@ (anton@)

mandoc

  ~ main.c

  > Cast the return value of chdir(2) to void.  We already have a comment
  > above explaining to human auditors why no error checking is needed
  > here, so it's only fair to tell the compiler, too.
  > Worried compiler reported by Michael <Stapelberg at debian>. (schwarze@)

  ~ man_validate.c

  > Fix a typo that caused a non-constant string
  > to be passed as a format string; no functional change;
  > reported by Michael <Stapelberg at debian>. (schwarze@)

  ~ term.c

  > use & to check if a bit is set in a flag; pointed out by clang
  > OK schwarze (florian@)

  ~ mandocdb.c

  > When the mparse_alloc() prototype changed in read.c 1.151, updating
  > the enum constant was forgotten in this call.  No functional change
  > since the mmsg argument is NULL anyway.
  > Found by florian@ with clang. (schwarze@)

netstat

  ~ inet.c

  > uint32_t is never < 0; pointed out by clang.
  > While we originally get a short passed from the kernel, it's probably
  > better for debugging purposes to show what we are actually having
  > which is a uin32_t hence the %u format.
  > OK deraadt (florian@)

newsyslog

  ~ newsyslog.c

  > Simplify mail sending.
  > No need for asprintf(3) to concat two string literals.  The resulting
  > helper() function is trivial, so inline it.  ok schwarze@ (jca@)

spell

  ~ spellprog.c

  > Fix some warnings: p1() and p2() are only declared without arguments so
  > that nop() can be nop(void), so just change nop() to have the same
  > arguments as all the other functions and make p1() and p2() proper
  > prototypes; and do not use '\0' as a pointer constant.
  > ok florian deraadt (nicm@)

ssh

  ~ misc.c                                ~ ssh_config.5
  ~ sshd_config.5                         ~ packet.c

  > Allow IPQoS=none in ssh/sshd to not set an explicit ToS/DSCP value
  > and just use the operating system default; ok dtucker@ (djm@)

  ~ ssh-agent.c

  > g/c unused variable; make a little more portable (djm@)

  ~ compat.c

  > Make WinSCP patterns for SSH_OLD_DHGEX more specific to exclude WinSCP
  > 5.10.x and up.  bz#2748, from martin at winscp.net, ok djm@ (dtucker@)

systat

  ~ pool.c

  > return -1 in error path of non-void function, pointed out by clang
  > OK deraadt (florian@)

tmux

  ~ alerts.c                              ~ options-table.c
  ~ tmux.1                                ~ tmux.h

  > Make bell, activity and silence alerting more consistent:
  > - remove the bell-on-alert option;
  > - add activity-action and silence-action options with the same possible
  > values as the existing bell-action;
  > - add "both" value for the visual-bell, visual-activity and
  > visual-silence options to trigger both a bell and a message.
  > This means all three work the same way. Based on changes from Yvain
  > Thonnart. (nicm@)

  ~ alerts.c

  > Always reset the alerts timer so it works even if activity and silence
  > are enabled on the same window. (nicm@)

  ~ format.c                              ~ tmux.1

  > Add pane_at_left/right/top/bottom formats, from Amos Bird. (nicm@)

  ~ window-tree.c

  > Show pane title in window list for windows with only one pane. (nicm@)

  ~ w.c

  > kp can be NULL (eg, stale utmp entry), so adjust the comment.
  > Prompted by another diff from Klemens Nanni (jca@)

whois

  ~ whois.c

  > Teach whois(1) to use the new whois referral field name which has now gone
  > live on at least .com/.net servers. Changes to this and other fields
  > mentioned
  > in
  > https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/rdds-labeling-policy-2017-02-01-en.
  > ok millert@ (sthen@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 12/12 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

amd

  ~ amd/ifs_ops.c

  > plog format string should be literal.
  > OK florian@, deraadt@ (fcambus@)

apm

  ~ apm.c

  > Cleanup apm:
  > - Zap trailing whitespace in license, noted by tb@
  > - Sort and align function prototypes
  > - Add static and __dead when appropriate in order to compile using `clang
  > -Wall`
  > - Zap variable names from function prototypes, also noted by tb@
  > - Break long lines
  > ok tb@ (anton@)

bgpd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Unify ROUNDUP macros for parsing route messages.
  > Use the macro from route(8) / ospf6d(8) since it works also with argument
  > 0.
  > OK claudio@ (friehm@)

  ~ bgpd.8

  > Update reference to BGP Shutdown Communication specification
  > ok benno@ (job@)

  ~ bgpd.8

  > sort; (jmc@)

  ~ bgpd.8

  > Update MRT reference in bgpd manpage
  > ok benno@ (job@)

crunchgen

  ~ crunched_main.c                       ~ crunchgen.c

  > Mute clang's zeal for whining by providing prototypes. (deraadt@)

  ~ crunchgen.c

  > insist on -Oz in the *.mk file
  > (note it's *after* the normal flags, so it will pre-empt a -O2)
  > okay deraadt@ (espie@)

dvmrpctl

  ~ parser.c

  > remove unused variable; pointed out by clang
  > OK kettenis (florian@)

dvmrpd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Unify ROUNDUP macros for parsing route messages.
  > Use the macro from route(8) / ospf6d(8) since it works also with argument
  > 0.
  > OK claudio@ (friehm@)

eigrpd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Unify ROUNDUP macros for parsing route messages.
  > Use the macro from route(8) / ospf6d(8) since it works also with argument
  > 0.
  > OK claudio@ (friehm@)

ifstated

  ~ ifstated.h

  > Time comparison variables should be time_t (I did check for signed vs
  > unsigned handling)
  > ok jca (deraadt@)

  ~ ifstated.c

  > use ssize_t; ok jca (deraadt@)

  ~ ifstated.c                            ~ parse.y

  > Don't bother initializing global variables to 0, since they will be in BSS.
  > ok jca (deraadt@)

  ~ ifstated.c

  > Use pledge(2)
  > Simple promises proposed by Rob Pierce after exploring more complicated
  > privsep schemes.  ok benno@ (jca@)

ldapd

  ~ modify.c

  > One negation is enough; pointed out by clang.
  > OK gsoares who says that he forgot about the same diff for months and
  > that millert@ had OK'ed it. (florian@)

ldpd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Unify ROUNDUP macros for parsing route messages.
  > Use the macro from route(8) / ospf6d(8) since it works also with argument
  > 0.
  > OK claudio@ (friehm@)

mopd

  ~ common/dl.c                           ~ common/print.c
  ~ common/put.c                          ~ common/rc.c
  ~ mopd/process.c

  > change if ((a == b)) to if (a == b); silences noisy on-by-default
  > "equality comparison with extraneous parentheses
  > [-Wparentheses-equality]" clang warning.
  > OK deraadt, kettenis (florian@)

nsd

  ~ config.h.in

  > Add prototypes for prototypes for __b64_pton and __b64_ntop; pointed
  > out by clang.
  > This is a local diff we have to carry so config.h.in is good a place
  > as any and it's included everywhere.
  > OK sthen (florian@)

ospfd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Unify ROUNDUP macros for parsing route messages.
  > Use the macro from route(8) / ospf6d(8) since it works also with argument
  > 0.
  > OK claudio@ (friehm@)

pkg_add

  ~ OpenBSD/Ustar.pm

  > recent perls have more fun rules related to _ and - (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add.1

  > Correct and clarify the description of special sequences
  > that are expanded in paths.
  > Manpage bug found together with Richard Marbach <richie at usta dot de>.
  > Using feeback from jmc@, sthen@, and espie@.
  > OK ajacoutot@ jmc@ sthen@ (schwarze@)

relayd

  ~ ca.c                                  ~ relay.c
  ~ relayd.h                              ~ ssl.c

  > Always calculate the hash value of the x509 cert in ssl_load_pkey().
  > Check whether TLS server object is available before using it.  With
  > these fixes the ssl inspect regress test just fails and does not
  > crash relayd.
  > OK claudio@ (bluhm@)

  ~ relay.c

  > Fix a double free of the TLS config in the error path.
  > OK claudio@ (bluhm@)

ripctl

  ~ parser.c

  > remove unused variables; pointed out by clang
  > OK kettenis (florian@)

ripd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Unify ROUNDUP macros for parsing route messages.
  > Use the macro from route(8) / ospf6d(8) since it works also with argument
  > 0.
  > OK claudio@ (friehm@)

route6d

  ~ log.c

  > pass the size of the dst buffer to strlcat, not the source; pointed
  > out by clang
  > OK kettenis (florian@)

sensorsd

  ~ sensorsd.8                            ~ sensorsd.conf.5

  > Text improvements for precision and clarity, in particular properly
  > defining the terms "sensor" and "alert", avoiding fuzzy wording
  > like "reporting period" and "state dumping", explaining how Boolean
  > values are represented and that ranges are inclusive, and mentioning
  > the syslog facility used.  Also add relevant cross references and
  > drop irrelevant ones.
  > OK jmc@ (schwarze@)

smtpd

  ~ makemap.c                             ~ smtpctl.c
  ~ smtpd.h

  > smtpctl(8): Use an int to determine mode instead of __progname.
  > Ok millert@ gilles@ (sunil@)

snmpd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Unify ROUNDUP macros for parsing route messages.
  > Use the macro from route(8) / ospf6d(8) since it works also with argument
  > 0.
  > OK claudio@ (friehm@)

  ~ snmpe.c

  > Heed the non-repeaters of GetBulkRequests and make sure to set
  > error-status and error-index to zero in the response PDU.
  > ok sthen@ (gerhard@)

  ~ parse.y

  > Use a format string for yyerror when printing a variable string.
  > Pointed out by clang.
  > (Not really a problem here since we control the string, but these
  > things tend to get coppied around)
  > ok gerhard@ (florian@)

  ~ snmpd.h

  > Make the engine id is just binary data so make it uint8_t.
  > clang pointed out that we tried to store 128 in a signed char.
  > OK gerhard (florian@)

syspatch

  ~ syspatch.sh

  > `-R' requires root privileges. (ajacoutot@)

  ~ syspatch.sh

  > If syspatch is updating itself, exit after installing the new syspatch to
  > stop installing further patches and warn the user he needs to run it again
  > (so that it'll run with the new code). (ajacoutot@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-ppp.c

  > make function match its prototype.