If you remove core.js. The search button click won't work, note if you mouse
over the button it displays *javascript:S78D07080_Submit() *which is
dependent on core.js

You're also exposing list forms and other backend /_layouts/*.aspx pages in
this site, the bulk of these also rely on core.js for functioning.

Now if you weren't using list forms (by enabling ViewFormPagesLockdown), and
if you developed your own search box and button control you could probably
remove core.js, although as it stands now users need core.js to use your
site.

For your search crawling issue, if you log into the server that doing the
indexing, open up IE and you try and browse to your site, you can tell if
the server is able to get to the new site, if it still loads the old site,
or if it fails to load at all (loopback fix?) then you know that the search
crawler won't be able to get to your site either.

Sezai.

<<image002.png>>

<<image001.png>>