Thanks Rus.  Upon furthur testing I discovered that my test of
.modifiers for powerOnKeyMask has been working "all along" for the
case when the application hard key is pressed to awaken the device,
but not for the case where the power hard key is pressed.  I tried
also checking .chr for vchrHardPower, but that did not seem to work.
Do I need to change the key mask with the KeyMgr?  If so, it is not
clear to me from the documentation what the argument to KeySetMask
needs to be in order to add the power key to the existing set of
key events.

Alex