For some reason, when I click on Solitaire under Programs/Accessories/Games
I get an error message "This program has performed an illegal operation and
will be shut down."

How can I get it back? I know I can d/l free solitaire software lots of
places, but I like the simple Windows version just fine. And I'm also
curious as to how it came to be lost and/or corrupted.

If you need the details: "Sol caused a general protection fault in module
KRNL386.EXE at ..." and then a lot of numbers and register entries.

Thank you,

Keith Carley
Bolingbrook, IL