and (mostly) another.  the 35-80 zoom that came with my zx-5 has helped
me
occasionally but far less than I had hoped in situations where I felt my
eyes
were not good enough.  Hah.  The really awful thing is not being able to
see
what one is doing because it is so dark.  Even if one wishes to use auto
focus
it would be nice to be able to see the subject.  Why doesn't this lens
let in more
light?  It ain't cause it is just f4 -- my f4 macro lets in lots more
light.  I also
found it very hard to focus but had not really thought about why.  I
personally love
macro lenses for the reason that there is that greater angle - it seems
clearer and
more precise to me.  Might just be my eyes.

as for grab shots, if one is using 400 bw or 800 max, hey, just set it on
f8 and 1/250
and go, I sez.

ann (too much time on my hands - down with a cold)