business expenses of a business are generally deductible.    Equipment can be
depreciated (i.e --expensed over time).    where the IRS gets upset is with
hobbys are all expense and no income.     You ought to get your tax person to
give you some outlines of specific record keeping requirements.  ---  They are
pretty specific, for example, on travel expenses.