I have 5 lenses in the F or FA family. Two are zooms which I pretty much always
use on autofocus, one is a 28mm which I don't use, one is the 24mm FA* which
feels just fine in manual foocus, and then there is the macro. Bah. Well,
actually, one of my favorite lenses. BUT I do wish that the F 100mm macro did
NOT have such a small "throw"; it really is very fiddly to get it manually
focused at anything beyond about 5 feet.

Stan