Mike,
I don't remember whom you are responding to. Maybe you are simply discussing with
another U.S. member of the list.
However, this is an international list, and (although you may have a point in regards
to the importance of the U.S. market) if we include the world market in the "us",
surely we represent an important market for any company with an international, not to
say global, distribution. The Pentax trademark is globally still a very strong one.
It's there among the big four and it is known all over the world.
This list is a very conveniant, efficiant and cheap way for them to get continuous
feedback from a crossection of customers who are of some importance in keeping their
trademark alive. (And however comparatively big or small the SLR-division is, this is
the segment we're talking about isn't it?)
They would be fools not to monitor or listen to our views on their products. I don't
think they are fools, so yes I am pretty confident that they do pay attention to what
we list members, the market, think about their products.
As for the reasons why they didn't want to house the list anymore, I don't know, but
it would make perfect sense to me if a company eventually didn't want to officially be
too closely connected to, or have some of the hassels that derive from some of the
utterly disrespectful kind of postings that periodically went on on this list.

Lasse

Mike J. wrote

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.