Mafud,
    As a man who 20 years ago was within less than
$100 dollars of taking up residence in a referigator
box I couldn't agree with you more.  Even then I was
better off than 75% of the worlds population, no North
American is realy poor, or has to be for that matter.
Just for the record the LT. Govener of the State of
Arkansas is below the Federal Poverty line, and used
to qualify for food stamps.  Cost of living varies so
widely within this country that the Federal Poverty
line is a Joke.