A scroll of mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Mon, 29 Jan 2001
10:51:09 +0800
Read it? y
>I propose to buy a 50mm lens for general purpose. Would you give me any
>opinion on the f/1.4 and f/1.7 lens?
>
>In reality, I seldom use the aperture larger than f/2.0. So the f/1.4 and
>f/1.7 have no difference for me. Rather, I wish to choose an optically good
>lens.

Kung Hei Fat choi, Frankie!

I've got an FA1.4 and an M1.7 and find them both very nice, although I
prefer the 1.4 as it's AF, although the picture quality doesn't seem
to be very different.

If you can find the FA1.4, you should be able to get one for about hkd
1500 secondhand.  I think Matsuya Camera
(http://home.hkstar.com/~matsuya/)  has some manual focus examples.
They're ok - a reputable shop.  Don't let the location put you off!

dave
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.