Peter,

I think you are missing something along the way.
The screw mount to K mount converter gives you a solid mechanical way to
mount an old lens on a modern camera.

Once mounted, the aperture is set at whatever you have turned it to.  If you
want to shoot at f32, just turn the ring.  But since this is so dark in the
viewfinder, you probably want to focus at wide open f2 or whatever, then turn
the aperture down to take the shot.

The lens, aperture, and optics work fine, they are just a little inconvenient
to use compared to a K lens on a K mount camera.

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Bill wrote

 >  Nope - K bodies cannot mechanically stop down any m42 lenses,
 >  it becomes strictly a meter & shoot *at aperture*  Just like
 >  the Golden Age of Photography   :^)

 I presume that when you say *at aperture* you mean wide open? 'cos if I
 could shoot at selected aperture there wouldn't be a problem.

 Peter >>