Hi Peter,

I wrote this on the Yahoo! Groups (Spotmatic) just yesterday in response to
another query like yours:

"To use a screw mount lens with a K-mount camera you must:

1.  Attach the adapter to the camera
2.  Attach the lens to the camera (screws in to the adapter)
3.  Set lens to "Manual" or "M" setting.  (If the lens does not have
an "Auto/Manual" or "A/M" switch or does not provide a way to stop
the lens down, it cannot be used on a K-Mount camera except wide
open.)
4.  With the lens set to "M" or "Man", align the meter needle for
correct exposure by adjusting the shutter speed and f-stop opening to
center the needle.
5.  Make your exposure.  You may want to check your focus - do that
with the lens set to "A" or "Auto" and then return it to the "M"
or "Man" setting before you shoot.

This clearly is not very convenient.  The biggest problem is the fact
that the viewfinder may be very dark, making it hard to focus and
compose.  You can do it, but my personal opinion is that it is
a "better than nothing" approach.

ppro"

Paul M. Provencher, Senior Systems Engineer
NICHD Tracking System - Technical Lead
703-575-6147
[EMAIL PROTECTED]