Evan wrote:

> IMHO opinion this lens is nearly
> priceless. ; ) Seriously the SMC version
> is probably my favorite lens.  Feels
> great and super sharp every time I use
> it I can't believe I picked it and the
> SPII up for 19.95.

Pretty amazing, isn't it? I prefer the slightly later Super-Multi-Coated
Takumar version, for which I paid a princely $59, but it is seriously one of
the best lenses I've ever used, and that's saying something because I've
used a lot of lenses. I tricked one of my Leica-using friends by sending him
a stack of prints and asking him to pick out the shots taken with the
current Leica Summicron and the S.-M.-C. Takumar. In all cases, he thought
the Summicron shows were the Takumar, and a number of the Takumar shots he
attributed to the Summicron. If you don't mind using a screwmount camera
such as a Spotmatic, the quality of your results can be just outstanding.
It's really some lens.

--Mike