Removing the mechanical linkage so the camera knows where the aperture ring
is set was purely a cost saving measure on the MZ-30 (and MZ-50)  I think
it was a stupid move too, how much could that little lever cost anyway?
Plus it's present on the cheapest camera in the lineup, the MZ-M.

Todd

At 09:10 PM 2/26/01 -0000, you wrote:
>Hi Todd
>
>> To use manual mode you have to set the lens on A and adjust the aperture
>> from the body.  It will not work any other way.
>
>Leaving the lens on the A setting every time you want to use the camera
manually
>seems a pointless waste of having an aperture ring in the first place.
Thought