----- Original Message -----
From: "frank theriault"

Subject: LX ttl flash metering questions

> am
> I to assume that I can leave the shutter speed dial at Auto and not
worry
> about changing the speed to "x" every time I put the flash on?  If
so,
> "cool"!

Yes. It's also a good way to know when the flash has recycled, as
until the flash has a charge in it, the camera will meter ambient.

> And, here's the most important question:
>
> 2)  In another thread this week, I read (I think it was tvv) that
the
> exposure compensation dial does not affect ttl flash metering.
That thread
> was talking about another fine Pentax product, but do I assume that
applies
> to the LX as well?  Again, in the manual, in the Exposure
Compensation
> section no mention of flashes is made, and in the Flash section, no
mention
> of the exposure compensation dial is made.
>
> I just wanted to be absolutely sure on that one, because it would
be a real
> nice feature to have with the flash, methinks.

Exposure compensation will affect TTL flash output, since all you are
doing is deflecting the ISO dial when you use exposure compensation.

William Robb