Despite not being a fan of teleconverters I always seem to be in posession
of at least one. Early on I had a Vivitar 2x tele, the less said about this
the better, bud it was adequate for the use I gave it.

I later bought a Teleplus MC7 2X this was much better and gave very good
results (for a tele) with my K 300mm f4, it was KA fit and also worked nicely
with Pentax-A 70-210 f4 zoom, results always seemed better with the primes
than zooms though. Even wide open the 300mm f4 was very acceptable even
beyond 10" x 8"

Currently I have a SMC Pentax T-6 2X - results are quite pleasing with Pentax-
M 200mm f4 & 135 f3.5 but I would recommend stopping down 1-2 stops to keep
the edges sharp (recommended in the instruction sheet). I think the Teleplus
has the edge on this!

Also a Sigma 1.4 EX APO which I use regular with a 300mm f4 Sigma APO lens,
results are a revelation with this lens for a Teleconverter. I believe it
also works well with the 70-200 f2.8 hard to tell the difference in prints
whether you're using the converter or not. Should work well with Pentax
lenses but I'm not sure about compatibility and proximity to rear elements on
some lenses. Seriously recommended all the same, never found anything better
but then again it is 1.4X and not 2X!!!

Recently purchased a Pentax-A 2X-S only had it about a week so I haven't got
around to trying it yet. It looks very impressive, largest rear element I've
ever seen on a 35mm 2X teleconverter. The instruction sheet makes no mention
of stopping the lens down for optimum rersults, sounds promising?! Completely
different design from T-6 2X, I'm wondering if it will manage better
performance than the Teleplus which was quite remarkable for an aftermarket
job. Plan to give it an outing with my Pentax-A 200 f4 at some point.

Hope this is of some help.

BTW I would love a scan if that is not too much trouble please.

John Whittingham

Technician