Nope. It's a new mount (from junk cameras?) or replating.
Strip and replate should only cost you something like $50 or so.
But, what you're faced with is a penetration of nickel or chrome plate, and once it's thru the plate itself, no "repair" is possible.

keith whaley

Joe Wilensky wrote:

My ESII was in KEH bargain condition, and works very nicely, but there were a few patches of corrosion/rust along the edge of the lens mount. I used one of those battery contact cleaner pens on the spots to smooth them out a bit. The spots look like this:

http://homepage.mac.com/wilensky/eBay/ES_mount_bottom.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/wilensky/eBay/ES_mount_top.jpg

The areas don't extend onto the mount itself where the rear of the lens mount would come into contact with them, but it's close. My question is, is there anything I can do to these spots to oxidize/seal them or cover them over? Any particular product or method? I'd like to stop any further corrosion or discoloration of other areas. I don't plan on exposing the camera to salt water or nasty weather, but still ... any advice?

Joe