On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Mark Cassino wrote:

> I get the pre-flash and the flash from the AF360, but no TTL flash
> confirmation in the view finder of the *ist-D (the lighting bolt blinking
> after the flash.)  The exposures are OK - maybe a full half stop under
> exposed but I think the *ist is designed to do that to preserve highlight
> detail. If I cover the lens and shoot, the flash exhausts itself, so I know
> some TTL function is there.

Are you certain it's not running out of juice? Have you tried going
close to the subject, just to make sure?

If you are happy with the exposures, don't worry too much, I would
suggest. I have found the the lightning bolt blinking business to not
be extremely reliable; does the flash have a TTL indicator? What does
it say?

Kostas