Jeff,
I believe you advised us that moon rise in SF would be
at 104 degrees on a given date. I don't recall the
date at the moment, but it has no bearing on my
question.

Do we consider due east or west as 90 degrees?  If so,
would we then add degrees as the angle falls to the
south, thus placing moon rise at 14 degrees south of
due east?

I could dig out my really neat Scout compass and
assess the logic of my question, but I'd have to get
up from the computer.

Thanks,

Jack