On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Paul Stenquist
<pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> My iMac 27 has only a firewire 800 port, and I still have some firewire 400
> devices. Can they be
> plugged into the firewire 800 port? If so, I would guess that cables that
> accomplish this are
>  available? Any info on this is most appreciated.

Yes, your FW400 devices will work off of a FW800 port.

See http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10301
for examples of cables. What you want is a 9 pin to 6 pin or a 9 pin
to 4 pin cable, depending on what type of device you're connecting.

-Mat