On the other hand it's almost the same thing as MZ/ZX-5N. I got my MZ-3 only
because that was the only way of getting the 43/1.9 initially. If it had
been possible I would have bought the 43 and MZ-5N separately, I never
wanted the quartz back anyway. 1/2000 is definitely fast enough for me, and
I couldn't see the practical difference between 1/100 and 1/125 for flash
sync.

Anyway, I've been extremely pleased with the camera. Until last autumn, that
is. It was exposed to moisture in the rain forest in Malaysia for one day,
went dead but woke up two days later in Kuala Lumpur. Back home I sent it to
Pentax, who found damages inside and gave it the verdict "costs more to fix
than buying a new body". It works, but how long?

Can't blame it on the camera though, I should have been more careful. I'll
probably start saving for a MZ-S AND a proper camera bag...