On Dec 18, 2011, at 7:13 AM, David J Brooks wrote:

> An acquaintance of mine (his wife is a bus drive so we have meet a few
> times) is slowly starting a photography club here in Stouffville. He
> is not really promoting it just yet, wants to keep it small until
> things get going next month and then go from there as far as growing
> the club.
>
> I am thinking hard about joining. I would think this might help me get
> going again.
>
> I know some of us here have been or are members of a club, just
> wondering what the consensus is of these things.
>
> My fear is that these people stay up later than i do and my want to do
> sunsets.:-)

I haven't yet been active with any photo clubs, but my experience with other
clubs has shown me that the best, and easiest, way to get events that work well
for me is to instigate them myself.

If you're an early morning person, then instigate an event to go out and
photograph sunrises, then meet someplace for breakfast afterwards.  If you
wanted to get more socializing for your day, other people could meet at
breakfast and you could go someplace else and photograph until lunch.

I suspect that one of the biggest advantages you will get is the boost of
enthusiasm from hanging other people who enjoy photography, but you may also
likely meet one or two other people who enjoy your style and schedule of
photography to go and shoot with on smaller events.