On 12/18/2011 21:39, Bipin Gupta wrote:
Quote Ann: done a few workshops for them (photography clubs) ........
how little many of the members knew about basic photographic .......

Oh dear, Bipin, actually wasn't me that said that.. (it's the last thing
in the world I'd do. :-) )  I have no experience at all with them,
except for a modeling gig  back in the 1950's.

It was David Savage who wrote :
"I've never been a member of a  camera club, but I've done a few
workshops for them (lightpainting). The one thing that really struck
me was how little many of the members knew about basic photographic
principles/techniques."

careful with those quotes! ;-)

ann

My experience has been just the opposite - the members knew much more
than the basics - composition, exposure - ISO, shutter, aperture,
........... In fact they wanted more of the expert stuff and practical
workouts.
May the Force be with you.
Bipin.