Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

>David duChemin rants about ugly watermarks and postage-stamp images
>and comes out in favour of "just let them steal."
>
>http://davidduchemin.com/2013/04/let-them-steal/

I absolutely agree with everything he says. Except that I go a step
further and put Creative Commons (non-commercial) licensing on almost
all my photographs, to make free use explicit (with specific
limitations).

I also like that he tells people to *register* their copyrights. You
can't bring legal action (at least in the U.S.) if you haven't
actually registered your copyright, so putting a innocuous watermark
on your image as he recommends won't do you much good if someone big
enough to sue actually does make commercial use of your images.

* Register your copyright
* Watermark discreetly
* Share non-commercially for free