I think I'm repeating what others have said, but I really did think this out
before I read all the posts.

I'd love to bring my MX, but I heard that the batteries last only about a year.
So, I'd bring a Spotmatic SPII (for the hot-shoe), and a 4.0 50mm Macro.  If the
batteries are fresh (and mercury), they'll last about 10 years, which means that
I'll likely die long before they do - and if they do go, I can use Sunny 16.
The macro is so that I can grab close-ups of the little scorpions, just before
they get to me.

-frank

Mark Erickson wrote:

> Ok, here's a new question for you on this bright and happy Monday.  Say you
> have to pare your camera gear down to one body and one fixed-focal-length
> lens for the next couple of years.  The body and lens to come from your
> current gear selection.  What will it be, and why?
>
> I'll go first:  My MZ-S and SMC-A 50mm F2.8 Macro.  Why?  I love the MZ-S
> user interface.  The 50 is wide enough for at least some people shots, works
> well as a landscape lens, and is a reasonable macro lens.  I'll miss a
> telephoto lens, but this setup covers most of my productive shooting.
>
>  --Mark
> -

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert
Oppenheimer