>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/28/00 11:38AM >>>

Justin, what's wrong with Marxian jargon? should we reject all Marxian
jargon and stick to the currently-dominant jargons ("entrepreneurial,"
etc.)? should we also reject philosophical or legal jargon, or is your ire
simply aimed at that of Marx?

CB: Agree with Jim D. Calling Marx's technical terms "jargon" is somewhat like
referring to the technical terms of natural history or chemistry as "jargon".

A few years ago, the Michigan bar had some emphasis on "plain language". But that is
possible only up to a certain point, because some concepts in legalese have no exact
equivalent in common jargon.

Leftists should learn Marx's basic concepts and terminology as part of their
repertoire as professional revolutionaries.