Man o man...

Wild scenes inside the gold mine.

Thank god for car batteries. I never would have been able to find out
anything. (Must keep supply of batteries in house... Must keep supply of
batteries in house... Must keep supply of batteries in house...)

Seriously, though, this system is as fragile as butterfly wings. Rich
beyond belief... and helplessly weak.

People were fine, milling around, commenting on never having seen so
many stars... but the "authorities" were absolutely useless. If the
mobile phone networks didn't survive, and we didn't have the ability to
pool information... it would have been incredibly lonely out there.

Ken.

--
Thought is only a flash between two long nights, but
this flash is everything.