On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 10:08:50AM -0500, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:

> > How about Email::Status::Success?  Email::Status could be an abstract
> > base class for the return codes and exceptions as well, specifying a
> > common API for getting/setting error text and SMTP error codes.
>
> Hm.  Sounds extremely top-level and vague.  That could be good or bad. :)

Top-level and vague is good for:

   if( [EMAIL PROTECTED]>isa('Email::Status') )
        # I can deal with this
        # Email::Status implementations would have ->success(), ->fail(),
->text() and
        # nothing else.
        # If it's also an Email::Status::SMTP, it would have ->code() and
->extended_code()
   } else {
        # I give up
        croak $@;
   }

But again, maybe overkill.  I've been talking with Java people lately...

Dave