----- Original Message -----
From: "Lynn. Rickards"

> > Now, I don't know if either of those approaches would have helped. Thing
is,
> > it would have taken me only 5 minutes to determine, if I could have
found
> > out how to do those things - instead of the hour I've spent and got
nowhere.
> > So ... if someone can tell me where this information is to be found I
will
> > attempt to bookmark it for future reference.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rob
>
> http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips ?
>
> hth - Lynn.

It's helpful for installing packages and for copying binaries onto my hard
drive, but it doesn't help me to see the PPD file that's being read when I
hook up to the ActiveState ppm repository by running 'ppm install DBI'. And
it doesn't tell me how to do a 'ppm set clean 0'.

With other repositories you can browse directly to the ppd file. For
example, to see the ppd for the bribes ppm of Digest::Whirlpool just browse
to:

http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm/Digest-Whirlpool.ppd

and then 'View Source'. It's the same with the uwinnipeg repository.

I couldn't find an address that showed me the DBI.ppd in the ActiveState
repository.

Anyway .... seems like I was wasting my time. It's just a pity that I had to
waste an hour (rather than the 5 minutes I was prepared to waste :-)

Cheers,
Rob