--On 25.08.2000 20:02 Uhr -0400 Steven W McDougall wrote:

> Others have pointed out that code inside sub-expressions and blocks
> could also assign to our variables. This is true, but it isn't our
> problem. As long as each assignment is carried out correctly by the
> interpreter, then each variable always has a valid value, computed
> from other valid values.

Depends on who 'our' is, if you're an internals guy you need not care,
that's true, but as a user of the language you care about how much sync-ing
you have to do yourself in your perl code - the preemptive vs. cooperative
discussion is there valid as well though it would probably be good to
seperate these discussions :-)

--
Markus Peter - SPiN GmbH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]