On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 11:40:13PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
>   TC> But Perl is not an interactive shell!  Can you imagine if a C
>   TC> compiler allowed arbitrary amounts of text to be pre-included
>
> and what about the proposals for an interactive perl? maybe they should
> support this.

That can be handled totally differently.  Shell::Config or something.
Similar to CPAN::Config.

So the basic problem here, leaving all the minor problems aside, is we
have no concrete use for this feature.  There's been a few
half-hearted attempts at things this might be useful for maybe, but it
all boils down to "somebody will find it useful to do something
somewhere."

I'd suggest we put a hold on further discussion about caveats and
implementations until someone really justifies this thing.

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse