Chaim Frenkel wrote:

> I don't see where you are differing from me.
>
> And different interpreters doesn't completely isolate threads from each
> other. You are simply giving each thread its own work/scratch area.
> With the internals rewrite it may not need to be a full interpreter.

I think there may be a necessity for more than just a work area to be
non-shared.  There has been no meaningful discussion so far related to
the fact that the vast majority of perl6 modules will *NOT* be threaded,
but that people will want to use them in threaded programs.  That is a
non-trivial problem that may best be solved by keeping the entirety of
such modules private to a single thread.  In that case the optree might
also have to be private, and with that and private work area it looks
very much like a full interpreter to me.

--
Alan Burlison