Jeremy Howard wrote:

> That looks good, except that I'd remove the interleaving. Currently, it's
> not clear how to reshape() to more than 2 dimensions, because the third
> argument of the first list ref is the interleave flag. We should be able to
> be able to reshape to any number of dimensions:

You've convinced me, I'll take it out.

> rather use a transpose() function for this that can transpose across a given
> axis.

You'll be RFC'ing that, I suppose? ;-) (But seriously, it sounds like a
good idea)

> I don't think we need to define the ability to work on multiple lists as
> special behaviour. Perl knows how to flatten lists, so any syntax we define
> will allow multiple lists simply by letting Perl join and flatten them.

Right, unless you make the list the first argument, like NumPy:

   @b = rehape @a, [1,2];

Then you're in trouble.

> Finally, I think the dimensions specified by reshape() should be the maximum
> index of the axis, not the number of elements, since this way it matches the
> :bounds semantics. In this case, the wildcard would clearly need to -1.

This sounds reasonable, but maybe just clarify this a little? Feel free
to send me volumes of examples offline if need be.

-Nate